I hate spam too! Your info is safe with me.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Yeast overgrowth, heavy metals overload, viruses and/or bacteria, toxins ravishing your body like – pesticides, radiation, wastes and toxins from medication, chemically treated water, food chemicals and additives, parasites and digestive problems are all things that Diatomaceous Earth works well as a fabulous choice for treatment.
What is Diatomaceous Earth?
It is a naturally occurring soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that crumbles easily into a fine off-white powder. Depending upon the granularity, this powder can have an abrasive feel, similar to pumice powder. It consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, hard-shelled algae. It can be used as a filtration aid, mild abrasive in products like toothpaste (which I use it for) mechanical insecticide and great for our health.
Diatomaceous Earth often referred to as (DE) and when sprinkled on bugs with an exoskeleton, such as bed bugs, ants, fleas, it compromises their waxy coating so that innards turn into tiny bug jerky. It doesn’t hurt animals or us. We do eat it! It’s in lots of grain based foods because lots of grains are stored with DE to keep the bugs from eating the grain. Many people have reported that eating a quarter of a cup of food grade DE every day helps them attain their goal of healthy living.
So how safe is Food grade DE?
The only known problem for people, mammals and birds that I have been able to find is the reference to breathing it in. There are lots of varieties of DE, so when you are shopping, be sure to get the right stuff! Make sure you are getting FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth.
Some places sell food grade Diatomaceous Earth mixed with other stuff. It’s not something I would recommend. When I see a label that says 97% Diatomaceous Earth, I have to wonder what the other 3% is. If it’s NOT food grade, then you do not want it for your diet.
This place comes recommended for purchasing food grade DE
DE has been reported to absorb
- methyl mercury
- E. coli
- Organophosphate pesticide residues
- Drug residues
It was established in the 1940’s that life can’t exist without silica. More recently, in her book “Water & Salt” Dr. Barbara Hendel states, Silica is the most important trace element in human health. It plays an important role in many bodily functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption. Other benefits of DE are:
- Balances blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps Osteoporosis
- Weight loss
- Strengthens hair and nails
- Strengthens teeth and gums
- Helps with energy
- Kills fungi
- Urinary infections
- And headaches
- Tissue regeneration
- Fades age spots
- Stimulates metabolism
- Regulates glucose levels
- Supplementation for vital lung tissues
- Reduces inflammation in bronchitis
- Acts a cough decreasing agent
- Prevents premature aging
- Helps to prevent kidney stones
- Natural diuretic
- Reduces inflammation in the intestinal tact
- Helps with back pain
- Proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix
- Supports the middle ear
- Helps the lymphatic system and reduces swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat
- Absorbs odors
- Normalizes circulation
- Decreases vertigo, headaches, tinnitus and insomnia
- Strengthens the blood vessels
- Helps to prevent tuberculosis
- Inhibits coronary disease
- Helps to avoid Alzheimer’s disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and flushes it out from the tissues.
- Stimulates the immune system
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease by blocking aluminum absorption
- Alleviate joints pain
- Destroy bad fats
- Cleanse the colon and prevents colon cancer, polyps and ulcers
- Helps those with diabetes and those with arterial disease
- Address broad spectrum of harmful toxins (as mentioned above) that invade our body, traps them and excretes them safely out of the body
- Naturally rich in minerals and trace minerals
- Does NOT kill the beneficial bacteria of the gut
- Prevents and alleviates wrinkles
- Helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, calluses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bedsores
- Hardens enamels, strengthen the gum, prevents cavities and preserves teeth
- Transports and deposits calcium into bones
DE manufacturers who work in diatomaceous earth (5 days/week) advise inhaling it is not a problem but it is still recommended to avoid breathing it whenever possible. Avoid getting DE in the eyes as it can be drying to the eyes. You may see worms and parasites in the stool – don’t freak out.
Most who use Diatomaceous Earth mixed with juice or liquid say that they use one to two tablespoons daily.
Content on this site is for reference purposes only, based on reviews from users of diatomaceous earth. It is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed healthcare professional. User statements regarding this dietary supplement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement.
* Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly anecdotal reports of what countless numbers of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.
Like most wonderful natural products, this product requires an FDA Disclaimer: “This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Discussion of Diatomaceous Earth health benefits is based solely on personal experience and testimony shared by individual DE users and this company cannot market or label DE as a human health supplement with specific medical claims.”